The festival of janmashtami is observed with lot
of gay and happiness all over India. Special poojas are performed
both in homes as well as temples. The entire day is devoted to remembering
and singing the praise of Lord Krishna. Devotees welcome and celebrate
the birth of their favourite god with lot of fervor.
There are certain special items required for Krishnashtami pooja.
Important pooja items are listed below:
- Lord Krishna's idol with cradle and conch
- New clothes, flute and ornaments for Lord Krishna
- Pooja thali containing a bell, diya, rice, elaichi(cardamom),
supari, paan leaves, roli, small container filled with water,
sindoor, incense sticks, flowers and ghee.
- For Panchamrit -milk, curd, gangajal, honey and ghee.
- A book containing shri Krishna's arti.
The list of items may vary according to pooja process performed
by different people.