decorated thali is a very important component for performing the
Karva Chauth puja. A puja thali, also known as Baya, containing
the roli, vermilion, sacred water, dry fruits like almonds, pishta
etc., earthen clay pots, diyas and different types of Indian sweets,
in their respective katoris, is tastefully decorated. The art of
creating attractive thalis for puja may also contain the ritualistic
decoration like rangoli and alpana. Puja thali can be decorated
with floral designs with the help of flowers, leaves, color and
also with multicolored pulses.
this auspicious day, Ma Gaura or goddess Parvati is worshiped. Married
women sit around Gaura ma and pray to her for the well being and
long life of their husbands. A small pitcher or Karva with some
water is placed in the center. While the story is being narrated,
ladies circulate their decorated Baya thalis. After the puja, this
thali is given to the eldest member of the family who blesses the
woman with all the happiness in life.
Chauth Thali Decoration Ideas:
Decoration with Oil
1. Take a plain Thali, dip ear bud in any oil and draw desired auspicious
pictures on the Thali.
2. Drop some powdered sindoor/Haldi/any rangoli color on it and
3. Now turn the Thali upside down to remove excess color powder.
4. You will find design embossed on plain Thali.
5. Floral desigsn looks great.
6. You can wipe this and keep the same Thali for next pooja. Simple